Become a Teacher Member
Join the Folger in a special way, with membership in both the institution and in our robust teaching family!
Teacher Members of the Folger enjoy these benefits:
- A one-year subscription to this very website, Folger Teaching. Folger Teaching is the online home of our Teacher Members set to launch on July 14th, 2020–the place where teachers from across the country and around the world will connect directly with the best of the Folger, a leading center for the arts and humanities and home to the world’s largest Shakespeare collection.
- Access to the latest resources to get your students grappling not just with Shakespeare but with the broad sweep of literature and deepen your own relationship with the content that first inspired you to teach it. From lesson plans and primary source documents to podcasts and videos, you will be able to search, download, and save your favorite resources.
- Ongoing professional development with exclusive access to webinars for our Teacher Members
- Special invitations to online conversations with experts at the Folger and in our community of mentor teachers, scholars, and artists.
- Year subscription to Folger Magazine.
- Year subscription to Shakespeare Plus, the Folger’s bi-weekly E-newsletter.
- Discounts on tickets to live Folger events, such as lectures, poetry readings, and Folger Theatre performances.
- Online and in person member appreciation events such as gallery talks, exhibition tours, and gatherings where members meet those who make the Folger the exciting place that it is today—scholars, authors, actors, directors, and educators.
Donate $40 today and you will become a Teacher Member of the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Resources coming soon
Most popular videos:
- “Building Empathy in the Literature Classroom”
- “Getting All Students Inside Tough Speeches”
- “Teach Their Eyes Were Watching God with Rigor and Joy”
- “Read a Folger First Folio”
- Master Classes on teaching Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Othello, and Julius Caesar
- “Whiteness: A Primer for Understanding Shakespeare”
- “Understanding Race and Religion through Othello”
Most popular lesson plans:
- “Pre-reading: Literature Line Toss”
- “Who Is the Moor? Choral Reading American Moor and Othello”
- “Editing with a Secret Mission: Passing by Nella Larsen”
- “3D Shakespeare: Close Reading A Midsummer Night’s Dream 1.2”
- “Cutting a Scene from In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez”
- “The Monologue Project: A Final Assessment for Any Text”
- “Pre-reading: 20-Minute Hamlet”
In addition to connecting you with Folger Teaching, your tax-deductible gift directly supports the work of Folger Education, guaranteeing that our experienced staff can continue to work with you to transform teaching and learning here at the Folger and in your classroom, and, in so doing, change the lives of students everywhere.